Sunday, June 10, 2018

Updated Tony Predix

Ethan Slater in SpongeBob SquarePants
Credit: Joan Marcus
Last minute Tony predictions/updates for tonight at 8PM on CBS:

I am leaving all the major categories as they were in my last post EXCEPT I am changing Best Actor in a Musical from Tony Shalhoub in The Band's Visit to Ethan Slater in Spongebob. Slater won both the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle awards and I hear Shalhoub has missed some performances to film The Amazing Ms. Maisel for Amazon. This is the closest race of the evening. I voted for Joshua Henry from Carousel for Tony, DD and Outer Critics and i hope he wins, but I have a feeling the Tony voters will reward Slater's eccentric, athletic performance.

Other categories:
Orchestrations: Carousel
Scenic Design (Musical): My Fair Lday
Scenic Design (Play): Harry Potter
Costume Design (Musical): My Fair Lady
Costume Design (Play): Harry Potter
Lighting Design (Musical): The Band's Visit
Lighting Design (Play): Harry Potter
Sound Design (Musical): The Band's Visit
Sound Design (Play): Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment