Sunday, July 31, 2011

Alaskan Vacation Part One

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA--Just a quick post to let you know I am in Ancorage, Alaska in the lobby of the Ramada Inn. Flew in yesterday from NYC. We're waiting to take a bus to the airport and meet the bus for the land portion of our tour which will end in a cruise in a few days. Thursday night before leaving was a double header of reality bliss--Expedition Impossible and the premiere of Project Runway. (I realize I got it wrong in the previous posts; it's Expedition not Operation Impossible). On Runway, I liked Victor and Becky's outfits best. They wound up in the middle. The guy with cancer, the Trinidadian beauty queen, and the old guy who looks like Jon Voight were on top while the whiny bald guy, the fabulous African-American designer with the do-rag and the girl with the little-girl pajamas were on the bottom. (Expedition Impossible was exciting when erik the blind guy jumped off the cliff.) On the plane to Anchorage, I spent $8 on Direct TV because Runway was on. But then we got over water and reception was down, so I had to settle for reruns of Parks and Recreation, The Middle, 30 Rock, and The Big Bang Theory.

BTW, Jerry forgot his passport, so now I can hold that over his head for a while. The camcorder we brought broke down and we took a cab to Walmart to buy a cheap new one. Can you believe it? I've now been to the Anchorage Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment